Using Internet marketing is an affordable way to reach prospective clients easily. You can potentially attract larger numbers of prospects for fewer dollars than with many more traditional methods of outreach.
Internet Marketing or online marketing, literally means “advertising online or on the web”.
To make the most out of your Internet Marketing, try the following tactics:
- Your Own Website: Offer free resources and a way to capture web visitor’s contact information.
- Sharing: Do you offer ways for your visitors to share your content including blog posts with their network?
- Automate: Sync your blog posts with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Testimonials: Add testimonials to your website and ask for recommendations on LinkedIn. Your clients are happy with your work, products and services…don’t be afraid to ask them for a testimonial.
- Blog! Write your own blog and/or as a guest-blogger on someone else’s blog. Blog posts encourage visitors to stay longer, return again, or contact you to discuss your services.
- Social Media Marketing: Add links to your social media platform such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, etc. This allows your prospects to get to know you better.
- Video: Having a video on a website can retain the attention of visitors ten times longer than a website without video. Create a 30-second commercial, movies or tutorials and upload them to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc. and then embed the video into your website.
- Email Bonus: Create a bonus for online subscribers. Offer a free gift to your website visitors as an incentive to your email subscribers. For example: Tip sheet, e-book, MP3 recording, DVD, videos tutorials, etc.
- Email Auto-responders: Improve your reader’s experience. Send helpful tips about a recent purchase, wish someone a happy birthday with a coupon, or welcome a new subscriber with a funny photo.
- Email Marketing & Newsletters: Your newsletter is your key to building a relationship with your prospects. Send articles, tips, and/or announcement which should be sent on a regular basis to your contact list. Check out Best Practices for Email Marketing.
- Inbound links/referrals: Internal links are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain. They are commonly used in main navigation and blog posts.
- SEO: Maximize Search Engine Optimization( SEO) on your website. Check out this fantastic article on SEO by Joost de Valk, The Definitive Guide to Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites
- Google XML Sitemap: Add an XML sitemap to your website to assist with bot crawling.
- Email Signatures: The bottom of your email is free advertising space, so why not use it?
- Online communities: Communities allow like-minded entrepreneurs to connect, share experiences, advice and tools to succeed in business.
- Online press releases: Are you launching your website, a new product or service? Opening a new office or relocating? Whatever it is, it should be presented as offering something reasonably new. Click here for more inspiring press release ideas.
- Paid advertising: Google Adwords, search engine advertising, display ads, PPC (Pay-Per-Click)
- Podcasting: A great way to deliver your message directly into the head of your followers & customers.
- Internet Radio: Sponsor an Internet radio program/hosting your own/being a guest.
- FREE webinars: Offer FREE webinars. This is great way to establish yourself as a thought leader and expert in your industry.
- FREE teleseminars: See Free Webinars
- Classifieds ads: From services like tutoring, car repair and real estate to products such as jewelry, baked goods and retail e-commerce, Craigslist.org or OLX.com is the ultimate destination for online marketers.
- Advertise on www.Meetup.com: Create or sponsor a group.
- Surveys: Almost every person loves a survey. Ask people directly what they want and you’ll find out in no time.
- QR Codes
- Online events calendars: Separate email/blog to follow with list of online venues to add your event.
What is working for you? What would you like to add to the list?