Are you ready to start blogging but don’t know where to start? In this informative, hands-on blogging workshop, Phyllis Garland will show you all you need to get started, and by the end of the workshop, you will leave as a blogger.
Topics for discussion include:
- What is a blog
- Basic blog lingo
- How to navigate the dashboard of a WordPress blog
- Must have WordPress plugins (Widgets)
- Writing your first post(s)
- How to make your blog visually reflect your style by adding pics and videos
- Why every business owner needs to be blogging on a regular basis
- How to develop an online presence through your blog
- How to turn your knowledge and purpose into expertise status
- How a blog increases SEO (search engine optimization)
- How to promote your blog and increase your traffic
- How easy it is to blog
- Whether blogging is something for you or not
Bring your laptop computer (or a notebook to take lots of notes). During this 3-hour workshop, you will be given 30 minutes of quiet time to blog about your subject of expertise. This is the perfect opportunity to put a couple of blogs under your belt.
Blogging is all about community! During the workshop, time will be allotted for attendees to review and comment on each other’s blogs. This not only builds community, but it builds your
brand and recognition.
To get yourself on the blogging track, don’t miss this introductory offer: Only $47.00 for WEBA members…includes workbook, coffee and brain food.
SIGN UP TODAY AND RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BONUSES:
- The Geek Club: Receive weekly homework assignments related to social media and blogging delivered directly into your mailbox every Monday morning!
- Facebook private group page: Be part of a private group on Facebook which serves as a community forum to discuss, ask questions, and make comments about blogging and social media.
DATE: Thursday, March 29th, 2012
TIME: 9:00 am – 12 noon
Conference Room – Suite 250B
1700 Amphlett Blvd., San Mateo, CA
All attendees must have the following:
- A laptop computer or a notebook to take lots of notes
- Basic knowledge of the Internet
- How to use a search engine
- Must have a WordPress, Blogger, or other blogging account prior to entering the workshop.
Don’t have time for a workshop, contact Phyllis Garland for a one-on-one. For more information or to register:
Phyllis Garland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 650.548.9597
To acquire the skills to unleash your inner writer, register today! Seating is limited to 10 attendees!
Ready, set, BLOG!
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY: All requests for cancellations and refunds must be sent 7 days prior to the event. After that time, no refunds will be issued. Please contact us if you have questions.