Engagement: Present Clear and Compelling Content
While your site has to be appealing to the eye, you can never disregard the need for high quality content. Google is constantly improving their methods and systems to weed out high-quality websites in order to serve their users with the most helpful and relevant information. If you want to rank high in the search engines, you will need content that is clear, concise and compelling.
Quality content is one of the most important aspects of any website. This includes:
- Offer unique content. Creating unique content is vital and Google has ways of determining if your content is organic or if it was created by a content generator software. Not only do your prospects love unique content but so do the search engines.
- Write for humans, not search engines. Write your blog post as if you are talking to a friend over a cup of coffee or lunch.
- Know your audience. Providing content that’s specific to your target market makes it relevant for them, and in turn higher quality.
- Provide educational content and value. Once you’ve established yourself as a thought-leader and as an expert in your industry, your prospects will return to your website frequently and eventually buy from you.
- Use simple words that are easy to understand. Be very clear with what you want people to do on your website.
- Present clear and compelling content. Do not mislead your audience. If you focus your content on being clear, you will find that more people will build their trust in you. Be careful not to make things more complicated than they need to be.
- Keep your website updated with fresh content. Keeping your website fresh is a key factor in attracting new prospects. Having news that’s 2-3 years old on your homepage will probably give your visitors a bad feeling. Don’t let your prospects think you’ve gone out of business.
- Include evidence when needed. If you’re stating facts, numbers, testimonials, awards, etc., back it up with a source and give credit where credit is due.
- Call-to-Action. It is important to incorporate some sort of call-to-action on every page of your website. It is not enough to have your phone number or an opt-in form on the homepage of your website. Remember that many visitors will reach your site through the Search Engines and end up on various pages in accordance with their search phrase.
- Nurture your prospects. Not everyone is ready to buy when they first hit your site. In general, we tend to buy from people we know, trust, and like. By offering your visitor something tangible, like an attractive e-book, whitepapers, videos or mp3, etc., you can get their email in exchange.
- Top of mind. Once you have their email, you can send them relevant newsletters to remind them of your service or product and get them to come back to your site for more information. Not only will you stay top of mind but this will also nurture prospects through your marketing and sales funnel until they are ready to buy.
Content is more than just the written word. If you find that your blog posts or webpages are text-heavy, try using many different forms of content. It will help create a content-rich experience.
What have you used on your website to keep your prospects engaged? Please share below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on your favorite social/bookmarking site. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter!